Saturday 10 January 2015

Finally - Album No.5

Firstly, I am going to apologise. SORRY SORRY SORRY.
This post is way beyond late, my bad.

So I'll just get down to it and not ramble...
This is the last album in my top 5 albums of last year. I probably didn't even really need to bother with this one, because it is a bit of an obvious one, but I keep my promises!
So enter, Royal Blood - Royal Blood. 



First observation, people seem to have given up on album titles. 'Just whack our name on it twice, it's cool, no one cares'. Well, that might get a bit confusing soon if you don't start naming your albums!

Anyway... Royal Blood are kind of 'one in a million' in the music world. They formed in 2013 and broke into the charts in 2014. What? Every musician reading this is now dying a bit inside. Does it make it hurt less if I say they definitely filled a little empty hole in the charts that needed filling with 'non-commercial' garbage? A bit...
They are a British two piece band, made up of a bass player/singer, Mike Kerr and a drummer, Ben Thatcher. Let that sink in for a second. That sound, with no lead guitar AT ALL. Just the two of them. Yeah.
Apart from being pretty tight with Arctic Monkey's, their success is definitely down to how ridiculously talented the two of them are, even Jimmy Page, Led Zeppelin's guitarist said so, quoting Wikipedia (I know, Harvard Referencing wouldn't approve...) "I went to hear them in New York. They were fantastic. Absolutely riveting, they're such fine musicians.Their album has taken the genre up a serious few notches. It's so refreshing to hear, because they play with the spirit of the things that have preceded them, but you can hear they're going to take rock into a new realm – if they're not already doing that. It's music of tremendous quality."

I very highly doubt you have managed to get through last year without hearing at least one of their songs on the radio, but just incase, here is 'Out of the Black'. Enjoy the heavily distorted bass, clever lyrics and genius musicality...




I'll leave you with that, as not much more needs to be said!

Much Love,

Chloë
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

);